GGLeagues Referee Job Description
Position: GGLeagues Referee
Desired start date: April 18th, 2022
GGLeagues is a recreational esports & gaming community management platform that runs leagues and tournaments for partnered communities across the United States. GGLeagues is searching for referees to admin/ref leagues and tournaments on a weekly basis. Knowledge of the most popular games is required and you will need to be willing to learn about the games if you aren't familiar with them all. This includes Rocket League, League of Legends, Mario Kart, Fortnite, Overwatch, Valorant, and more.
This job will require you to use Discord and website chat to answer questions and ensure leagues are running smoothly. Expectations include working with both experienced gamers and gamers that may not be familiar with many of the systems in the games played in the events we run. Referees are expected to work with the full spectrum of players and deliver a high level of satisfaction to anyone regardless of skill level. Because of this, patience and empathy are far more important than any sort of extensive admin/ref work.
This is a remote part-time position, applicants must have a stable internet connection and computer hardware that is capable of running modern esports titles to be considered for the role. Compensation will begin at $10/hour for this role. All referees will report directly to the league managers.
- Must be familiar with, or be willing to get familiar with, League of Legends, Overwatch, Valorant, Rocket League, Fortnite, Super Smash Bros, and other various titles for recreational leagues as needed.
- Must be empathetic and patient. Helpful if you have worked in customer service before.
- Must be willing to get familiar with GGLeagues rulebooks and other materials prior to starting. Referees will also need to be familiar with the GGLeagues website on the front and backend.
- Must be available minimum 2 days during these times with opportunities for more hours outside of these standard shifts:
Monday: 6pm-10pm Central
Tuesday: 6pm-10pm Central
Wednesday: 6pm-10pm Central
Thursday: 6pm-10pm Central
Friday: 6pm-10pm Central
Standard shifts include the following tasks:
- Refereeing matches
- Handling support questions (during shift)
- Discord engagement and moderation (during shift)
- Nightly referee reports
Additional tasks your shift might include:
- Tallying Fortnite scoresheets
- Moderating stream chats, if applicable
- Clipping streams for highlights, if applicable
- Weekly stream polls
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “GGLeagues Referee”, a brief description on why you would be a good candidate for the position, and your resume attached.
GGLeagues is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.